Saturday, April 28, 2007

Blossoms in Las Varas, Near Chacala

This morning I took my bag of laundry (sheets, towels, and pillowcases) into the laundry in Las Varas. It was 6.5 kilos and it cost 75pesos (about $7US). I mostly do my laundry at home, but it's hard to wash sheets and towels by hand. So I do a big laundry every three or four weeks. Luckily I now have four complete sets of sheets, plus four extra sheets for bedspread. I got a ride right to the laundry, but had to walk the six blocks or back to the bank and computer place.
I took some photos from around town, but these blossoms were my favorites. The first four photos are, I think Poinciana blossoms. It has just started blooming again around here.

And the Flame Vine, (Physostegia (?), is right below. This vine finished blooming about six weeks ago in Chacala. It seems to blossom for about three months at a time. I don't know why it's still going in Las Varas. it looks like the same plant, but who knows?

No comments: