Friday, February 09, 2007

My Trip to the Veggie Stand

I know that there are mostly the same vegetables and fruits in Chacala and Las Varas as in most places in the U.S. Well, the fruit are often different but most of vegetables are the same. Plus jicama and more peppers. I love looking at the fruit and vegetable displays at the local markets and tianguis. Everything looks so delcious. I had a great time this morning at the street market in Las Varas. I went there to get some more cheap maset/pots for plants, but looked at everything else too. The plant lady had some nice single eccheverria plants but she wanted 30 pesos, almost $3US for them, which is kind of high for Me














And this is Terry, my little buddy. His name is pronounced with a verrrry rrrrrolled R. I see every week or two, and he always jumps up for a pet from me. We have been friends for almost three years. He sits with his elderly owner on the same corner of the main street, watching the world go by.

5 comments:

earlysnowdrop said...

Beautiful photos of the fruits and veggies. I love the pug at the end.

Gotta Garden said...

Gorgeous pictures! Eveything looks so YUM! Looks like it would be easy to eat healthy with scrumptious choices like those!

Carol Michel said...

I love all the pictures of vegetables, very colorful.

Kati said...

so beautiful. I starting to daydream about a trip to your area of Mexico!

Anonymous said...

Each vegetable and fruit looks as if it's been carefully wiped with a cloth, almost polished. They do that here in Panama, but I've never taken such lovely pictures. Thanks for the post.